The Zen Swaddle by Nested Bean is a chart-topper in Nesting's Top 20 most popular list. See the rest of the list here.
DESIGN The lightly weighted and adjustable Zen Swaddle from Nested Bean allows your baby to feel like they are sleeping in your arms. Your reassuring touch can signal comfort, security and love to your baby, allowing them to calm and sleep peacefully; the weighted Zen Swaddle duplicates that sensation. Based on the medically proven benefits of touch, the Zen Swaddle includes lightly weighted areas on both the center (where your palm would go) and sides (where your arms would go) to simulate the feeling of being held. Moms who have used the Zen Swaddle Blanket say their babies get up to two additional hours of nighttime sleep within one to three nights.
SIZING Two sizes in one lasts twice as long - a small interior to keep your baby's legs snug during the first few weeks; the extra-long sack provides additional leg room as your baby grows from 0-6 months.
TWO OPTIONS | CLASSIC OR PREMIER
- CLASSIC SWADDLE MATERIAL Made from 100% luxuriously soft cotton for your baby's tender skin and year-round comfort; it is washer and dryer safe. The weighted pads are filled with non-toxic poly beads, the same as you find in children’s stuffed toys.
- PREMIER SWADDLE MATERIAL Made from 70% Bamboo and 30% cotton. This combination is naturally antimicrobial and thermal regulating. The weighted pads are filled with non-toxic poly beads, the same as you find in children's stuffed toys. The premier swaddle is machine washable.
SAFETY The Zen Swaddle exceeds safety standards. It has passed 12 mandatory and 7 voluntary tests. All materials are BPA, toxic and Phthalate free.
Zen Swaddle by Nested Bean
Machine washable. Exceptionally durable.
Both the Zen Swaddle and the Zen Sack can be washed frequently. The materials we use in our products are designed to withstand frequent spit-ups and the subsequent multiple washes, as well as your little one’s vigorous kicks and wiggles.The garment’s construction ensures filling stays in place through repeated washes. To protect the quality of fabric, we recommend washing in cold water, on a gentle cycle and drying using low heat.
Additionally, be sure to tack down the velcro tabs to ensure they don't accidently create a chain of garments in your washing and drying load.
Nested Bean takes infant safety very seriously. First and foremost, all of their products have been designed according to the AAP's Guidelines for Safe Sleep. Additionally, the weight in products is maintained well below the recommended weight to body-weight ratio according to physiotherapy therapy standards (1:10). Throughout the development process, Nested Bean worked with multiple safety laboratories, all of whom are accredited by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. These safety firms were involved at multiple stages of their product's design, to ensure safety in both design and quality. The Zen Swaddle and Zen Sack have undergone many tests, to meet both mandatory as well as voluntary safety standards. Below is a list of the specific safety tests that their products have undergone:
Test Name Description
- Construction Safey Tests
Construction of the Zen Swaddle and zen Sack has gone through many rigorous voluntary and mandatory tests. 1) The swaddle, under intended and unintended use, will never pose any risk of suffocation in a baby's sleep enviornment. 2) Pellet pockets are sewn strong enough to prevent the poly-beads from escaping. 3) Velcro and zipper ends are not sharp or abrasive to cause the baby accidental harm. Fabric Quality Tests Nested Bean ensures products are manufactured with the highest quality fabric, that will withstand multiple washes and be thick enough to pass flammability tests without needing to be treated with flame retardant chemicals. Chemical Detection Tests All raw materials used to construct the Zen Swaddle and Zen Sack are thoroughly tested to ensure that they do not contain harmful chemicals or dyes.
Temperature control is important as newborns are not good at regulating their own temperatures. The temperature in your baby’s room should feel comfortable to an adult in light clothing. The light-weight fabric Nested Bean products are constructed to ensure your baby will not overheat due to swaddling alone. The filling density in the weighted parts of the swaddle or sleep sack is kept to the minimum to balance effectiveness and your baby’s safety.
ZEN SWADDLE SAFETY TIPS AND PRECAUTIONS
• When laying baby down for swaddling, ensure proper positioning of swaddle wings and weighted areas around your baby, by placing infant’s shoulders no lower than 1 ½ inches below the top edge of the back panel.
• Do not allow infants to slide down inside swaddle. Place infants less than 23” tall or less than 1 month old with feet inside the inner pocket and pull pocket over waist. Fold any extra fabric at the bottom of the swaddle up over torso and secure with swaddle wings.
• Swaddle wings must be securely tucked under your infant’s body. However, ensure swaddle is not too tight by slipping your hand between baby and swaddle; it should feel snug but not uncomfortable.
• Ensure the Loving Embrace™ is placed on each side starting under infant’s arms down to the thigh. Do not allow to move up onto infant’s chest.
• Ensure the Peaceful Touch™ is always placed on the lower chest and the top edge of blanket covering the baby is always at the chest level, never above your infant’s neck or covering his or her nose and mouth.
• Never use swaddle with products with restraints such as car seats, strollers, swings, etc.
GENERAL SWADDLE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
• Experts say proper swaddling reduces the risk of SIDS. However following safe swaddling practice is just as important for the safety of your baby.
• A swaddle must be securely tucked under infant’s body. However ensure that swaddle is not too tight by slipping an adult hand between baby and swaddle; it should feel snug but not uncomfortable.
• Never swaddle using any product when your baby is sick, has a cough or fever in order to prevent restriction in breathing.
• Always place baby on their back to sleep, especially when swaddled.
• Always remove swaddle from crib when not in use.
• Never use a swaddle with products with restraints such as car seats, strollers, swings, etc.
HOW TO CREATE A SAFE SLEEPING ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR BABY
• Do not use any objects such as pillows or soft toys in your infant’s sleeping environment.
• Never place your swaddled infant on soft surfaces such as your bed, a couch, an air mattress etc. as your baby can rollover and suffocate.
• Never sleep with your child in an adult bed, an adult can roll on top of an infant and suffocate them.
• Place your baby to sleep in an appropriate sleep product such as a crib, cradle, or bassinet.
• Use discretion when using any covering on your infant in warm rooms.
Take care and periodically check that your baby is not overheated. Overheating may be a factor in SIDS. Do not over bundle.
Always provide supervision for continued safety of your child. When not sleeping, never leave your baby unattended.